Ron Carter Cadillac wishes to recognize the hard work and dedication of college bound Greater Clear Lake Area High School seniors. Ron Carter Clear Lake is again is proud to continue the Ron Carter Clear Lake Community Achievers Scholarship. The Scholarship has been awarded to outstanding area High School seniors since 2012. Recipients will be chosen based on academic achievement, character, leadership, service, and adult recommendations.
Beginning in March, Ron Carter Clear Lake will be awarding five (5) College Scholarships in the amount of $1,000 to deserving applicants. One outstanding recipient will be selected for each month starting in March and ending in July. This scholarship is open to high school seniors in the Greater Clear Lake Area and surrounding areas that reside in Clear Creek ISD, Alvin ISD, Deer Park ISD, Pasadena ISD, Dickinson ISD, LaPorte ISD, Pearland ISD and Friendswood ISD. Applicants may be students of public, parochial or home schools.
APPLICATION RULES AND GUIDELINES
APPLICATION RULES AND GUIDELINES
Applications Accepted February 1st – May 31st, 2019
1. Applicant may not be an employee of, or dependent of, an employee of Ron Carter Clear Lake.
2. Applicant must be a US Citizen and a high school senior at the time of application to qualify.
3. Applicant must be/have been a student of Clear Creek ISD, Deer Park ISD, Alvin ISD, Pasadena ISD, Dickinson ISD, LaPorte ISD, Pearland ISD or Friendswood ISD. Applicant may also be a Home School or Parochial School student who resides within one of these districts.
4. Applicant must submit be willing and winner must be available for a photo at Ron Carter Clear Lake. Winner photos and names will be used to promote the Ron Carter Clear Lake Achievers Scholarship program.
5. Applicant must submit two (2) letters of recommendation from teachers and/or adults in good standing not related to applicant.
6. If attending high school, applicant must submit an official high school transcript. If applicant is home schooled, they must submit a notarized home-schooled grade transcript signed by parent or guardian.
7. The Scholarship Awards Committee will perform the task of reviewing and selecting five qualified students from applications received. Only one application is to be submitted per applicant, additional submissions will not be reviewed by the scholarship awarding committee. Selection of winners will be based upon academic achievement, character, leadership, community service, and adult recommendations.
8. A total of five $1000 scholarships will be awarded beginning in March. Scholarships may be halted at any time without notice.
9. Payments will be made directly to the College or University Student Financial aid office in winner’s names.
10. If a scholarship is not accepted by, or cannot be awarded to the primary recipient, a secondary recipient will be selected by the Scholarship Awards Committee.
11. All rights of the Ron Carter Cadillac Hyundai Achievers Scholarship will be retained should the scholarship program be renamed.
12. Applications will be accepted beginning January 1st. The earlier we receive your application, the more times it may be considered. Send completed application, transcript, applicant photo, two adult recommendation letters, and hand-written essay to:
Ron Carter Cadillac Hyundai
Attn: Achievers Scholarship Committee
18100 Gulf Freeway
Friendswood, TX 77546